...yes we did... we had St George's new years baby:) ... It started with weeks and weeks of bedrest. With being dilated to a 4, then a 5 for so long we knew that she was going to come early. On Christmas day I was able to stop taking the Nifedipine that was helping stop the contractions. Soon after I stopped taking it, the contractions started....
They lasted for days and were never consistent, close together, or painful. I was told by everyone that I "WOULD KNOW" when it was time to go to the hospital... but really I dilated to a 4 without feeling any of the contractions so who's to say I wouldn't get to a 10 without feeling it!!??? Anyways, finally on New Years Eve we were playing card games for a few hours with Kacens family and I noticed the contractions were more consistent, but they weren't painful or very close together. Months earlier we had joked with our doctor about having the new years baby... Never thinking at all that it would happen, but at 3:45am I woke up to my back aching with each contraction...
I laid there in bed thinking... well ... this is different, but still not that painful, although, I could not sleep through the back aches. My Doc did say that I wouldn't be able to sleep through them, or eat through them, or talk through them. But I could eat and talk if I wanted to. Wait... These are like... 2 minutes apart??? In my situation my doctor told me that I could go in if they were 10 minutes apart! So by 4:15, after counting the contractions and debating whether to go in or not I finally woke Kacen up.
I told him I thought maybe we should go in... but I still didn't "KNOW" like people told me I would. So Kacen got up quickly and started getting dressed and grabbing my things, but I just laid there still thinking that I don't want to be sent away:( ... but I'm already at a 5... they couldn't send me away with these contractions could they? I finally got out of bed and we went on our way to labor and delivery:)
We got there at 5 o' clock where the nurses were SO happy to see us. They said it had been a really slow night and they were so bored. So they checked me and I was at a 6, having close contractions and STAYING to have that beautiful baby!!! Music to my ears:)
We got situated into our room and called all our family.. We were so excited at this point, it didn't feel like real life. I knew from the day we found out we were pregnant that I wanted the epidural, I respect those who can do without it... but that's just not me. I wanted to be a happy new mamma because I just don't do well with pain:) The anestesiologist came in and I was stressing out... seriously though, it was not bad at all. I am so upset with everyone who has ever given me the impression that an epidural hurts to get. I was SO beyond nervous and sick just thinking about getting it, and I just want all of you that have never had one to not worry about it. After It kicked in, my Dr came to break my water and I was soon at an 8:) All the family was in there with me waiting and guessing what she would weigh and how long she would be. Soon after she checked me I was feeling major pressure. I told kacen to go tell the nurses I thought she might just be falling out! So he went and got the nurses and I was at a 10, ready to push:)
The doctor came in and asked kacen if he wanted to deliver her since he is going into the medical feild. He was all for it! He talked him through it, and in just two contractions we had our beautiful baby girl in our arms:) at a whopping 5lbs 11oz 18 inches long we finally had here here!
Congrats Tanya & Kacen! She is adorable & I loved the post!! Can't wait to have a moment like this one!! (ps my favorite picture is the last one! Your parents make the cutest grandparents!! I especially love your dads face!!)
ReplyDeleteSHE IS PERFECT!! Congrats! She is so beautiful and I am so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteTanya, she is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! Brad and I are so happy for you and we can't wait to meet her! :)
ReplyDeleteyou look amazing, and sophia is adorable and so tiny! congrats though! oh and that picture of your mom and dad with the baby is priceless, so cute!
ReplyDelete