"If Prophets speak by the spirit and we listen by the spirit... there is something for each of us to hear... "
-Jeffery R. Holland
I LOVE general confrence! This year was so amazing and here are a few of my favorite things from the 181st General Confrence:) I am just amazed at these brothers and sisters. They know exactly what to say to make you so anxious to share the gospel and to be better members of the church. I just love each and every one of them! I am so greatful to to be able to hear a living prophet speak. I love the gospel and am so greatful for Christs atoning sacrifice that all mankind might be saved... I am so happy to be able to attend the temple so often. I LOVE the temple and all the promises and covenants I have made there with my eternal companion. I love Kacen so much and all he does for our family and future family in keeping his promises to the lord. He is so full of Faith and It is definatley helping me grow in many ways.
- President Monson
- announcing 3 new temples!
- L. Tom Perry
- speaking to us to "Be thou an Example of the Believers"
- Jean A. Stevens
- telling us to "behold our little ones" and to follow their example
- Walter F. Gonzalez
- "The power or our covenants are greater than any trial we will face."
- "All things will work out for our good if we remember our covenants"
- Quentin L. Cook
- speaking on the Faith of the Sisters of the church.
- -Henry B Eyring
- Serving the poor and the needy
- -"Have I done any good in the world today?"
- -"A Person cannot give a crust to the lord, without recieving a loave"
- Deiter F. Uchtdorf
- "It is usually through other people that god meets our needs."
- -"God entrusts the knowledge of the truth with those he knows will share it."
- -"Preach the gospel at all times, and if necessary, use words."
- -Blessed are those who haven't seen, yet, have believed."
- Paul V. Johnson
- "Particualar challenges prepare us for something vitally important."
- H. David Burton
- The church welfare program
- - We will pause missionary work, shut down seminaries, close temples... as long as the people are hungry..."
- Thomas S. Monson
- 1830-1980: 21 temples
- 1980-2011: 115 temples
- -3 more announced and 26 under construction:)
- Richard G. Scott
- Marraige and the Family
- -Remeber marraige covenants; go to the temple often
- Jeffrey R. Holland
- "Comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable"
- -"Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that JESUS IS THE CHRIST"
- Thomas S. Monson
- Easter message;
"Linen cannot hold him, stone cannot hold him, Hallelujah, it is empty..." -Thomas S. Monson
No comments:
Post a Comment